the quest for immortality

Banjo Man is somewhat of a health freak.

I say this with love.

I really do.

Today he has gone to see a nutritionist, a person who is also a registered dietitian and is certified in herbal medicine.  He was so excited.  He wanted to know if he was doing the right thing with his diet and supplements.  She told him to bring everything he takes for good health.  This analysis was going to take 90 minutes of intense scrutiny and discussion.  Banjo Man was ecstatic at the thought someone listening to him, as I had stopped pretending to be fascinated about the benefits of cold-pressed whey protein vs. the…other kind.  And then there was all that going on and on about turmeric and cloves.  I think that’s why I got an ear infection.

Before he packed it all up, I took some pictures.

2014-01-25 003

Please note that the cocoa is organic and picked by virgins in certified forests…or something like that.

2014-01-25 002

I do not know who Udo is. Maybe he lives on an organic oil farm?

2014-01-25 001
2014-01-25 006Banjo Man was very thorough, adding his recipes after his foods went into his bag.

2014-01-25 008

Here he is, all healthy and everything, ready to discover the secrets of living forever.

2014-01-25 010
Meanwhile, I’m here at home, moving furniture, turning my office into a music studio and drinking slutty virgin, chemical-loaded, organic, diet Coke.

One of us will live forever, and one of us will sing about it.

This entry was posted in family, rhode island. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to the quest for immortality

1. Sharon says:

Bango Man will be smarter than Dr. Oz!

2. I’m not going to tell him that.

3. Connie says:

Please tell Glen that I think he should contact my mom, who just turned 90, and consult her. The consultation would be free and he could also find out anything he could possibly want to know about the Nebraska football team from 1955- 2014. http://retiredmtnlady.blogspot.com/2014/01/have-you-lived-your-life-as-well-as.html

4. Connie says:

P.S. I don’t think she has ever eaten any of the items in your photos……

5. Ruth says:

Oh my goodness – you do make me laugh! I especially like the statue in back of Banjo Man – with the inscription “Virgin Tobacco Cigars” – goes right along with the whole health thing!

6. Pat Coughlin says:

Glen looks very happy in that photo, like a kid on Christmas Eve. Maybe that’s the secret to longevity.

7. Amber says:

Let us know if you want us to ship some bulk tumeric and tarragon. H-E-B misses Glen! 🙂